Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! The application is now closed (effective September 5, 2018).
Location: New York, NY
Period of Internship: 10-week program during Summer 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary
Application Opening Date: August 17, 2018
Application Closing Date: September 5, 2018
ASIAN AMERICANS IN PUBLIC FINANCE
Asian Americans in Public Finance (AAPF) strives to enhance, develop and promote the professional lives and careers of dedicated Asian Americans in public finance. AAPF will further undertake activities that will promote the betterment of local communities and efficient services. AAPF provides a platform to provide training, education, mentoring, and scholarship programs to Asian Americans within the public finance industry. AAPF encourages and promotes an open forum to raise awareness pertaining to Asian Americans within the public finance industry.
- Helping to prepare and execute live transactions
- Preparing marketing materials including product pitches and detailed responses to proposal requests
- Analyzing cash flow to evaluate debt financing alternatives
- Creating credit models and debt profiles
- Researching and analyzing market data to share insights with clients
This internship is an opportunity for an undergraduate with goals aligned with the objective of AAPF and an interest in public finance, public policy, or local government. The Public Finance Summer Analyst will interact with Barclays’ Public Finance group and will provide a forum to become well acquainted with the day-to-day work within the public finance realm. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree, as a Junior, with a minimum 3.2 GPA, and an anticipated graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020.
- A concentration in Government, Political Science, Public Policy or Economics is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- You are a highly-focused, goal-oriented, insightful, creative, quantitative and detail-oriented team player and multi-tasker.
- You have a strong work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a compelling interest in and knowledge of the financial markets, specifically in public finance.